Here Are Some Tips That Can Help Keep Our Children Safe This Summer!
Posted on: May 8th, 2019
- Always Supervise children no matter the age.
- Have swim rituals. These will help your child not get into the pool on the spur of the moment. Rituals can consist of always putting on sunscreen then, putting on a hat, putting on swim suit, or any other activity before being allowed in the pool. Any ritual that your family makes up can help reduce a child from jumping into the pool on a whim.
- Always use a flotation device.
- If your child uses a face mask check that it fits securely, if water is able to seep through it becomes a safety hazard.
- Give your child swim lessons.
- Always have adults close that knows how to perform CPR. (https://www.redcross.org/ )
- Teach your child the “blow bubbles” technique. This teaches children to blow bubbles in the water instead of intaking water.
- Always put gates around the pool area.